Saturday, July 1, 2017

Progress Report: June 2017

Seriously? How is it July already? Where did June even go?!

I'm just going to take a quick moment, since we are the first, to wish all my fellow Canadians a very Happy Canada Day! And the 150th, to boot! We've got all our sweet Canada 150 swag over here, gonna go check out some awesome fireworks later after a big family supper!
So, June was a pretty average reading month for me, I only read 5 books. I could have squeezed in another if it hadn't taken me so long to read Six of Crows. So, this month I read:


Wonder by R.J. Palacio - a very sweet and touching middle-grade story about a little boy with a facial deformity, going to school for the first time, and how he overcomes bullying and and whatnot. So, so excited for the movie.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - another stinking cute romance by Rainbow Rowell. Can't go wrong with her books, if you like that sort of thing. This one features twins (one of my favourite things), romance, and self-discovery, so it hit the spot for me.

The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands - another middle-grade book, perfect for adventurous boys and girls. It's got mystery, murder, code breaking, science, explosions, etc. It just threw me off that it's set in the 17th century, but aside from that hiccup, great read!

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo - I think this book was slightly overhyped for me. It's about a gang of street kids who perform an impossible rescue mission in dangerous territory. I couldn't get into it at first, but the ending was great, and now I'm looking forward to the sequel.

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab - This one is full of magic and adventure, and I absolutely fell in love with Kell, who gave me really strong Newt Scamander vibes (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them). Also, I want to be Lila when I grow up.

Now officially halfway through the year, I am currently at 39 books read for the Goodreads 2017 Reading Challenge, which is 75% of my goal of 52, which I had increased it to a month or so ago. But, seeing as I am consistently reading 5-6 books per month, I think I might increase my goal again, but to what?

1 comment:

  1. This makes me excited to get into Darker Shade of Magic!

    ReplyDelete