Monday, July 17, 2017

It's Monday! What Are YOU Reading? #3



It's Monday! What are YOU Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by The Book Date.

Good morning, friends! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty good. I always finish work early on Fridays, so I headed straight home to finish reading Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller, enjoy the lovely weather, and more or less waste the afternoon. Saturday I had a completely lazy day, but I did get a few things done in the late afternoon. Yesterday was pretty quiet - had a typical Sunday morning and then spent most of the afternoon/evening alone reading, watching TV, and doing laundry. So it was a semi-productive weekend!
 
As I mentioned, I finished Daughter of the Pirate King on Friday, for a reading challenge I was doing with a Facebook group. It was a great read and I really didn't know what I wanted to read after that! I was on such a high!
 
So today  I am reading (which I started over the weekend) Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, and A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. I don't really make a habit of reading several books at once, I tend to get the storylines confused. But Saturday morning I saw the first official trailer for the new A Wrinkle in Time  movie (which looks amazing, by the way!!) so I decided it couldn't wait. Both books were on my original summer TBR list, and I am loving both so far. They are definitely different enough that there's no real danger of getting the stories mixed up.


I have also been poking away at a book I picked up at Winners-HomeSense a week or so ago, called The Tricky Art of Co-existing: How to Behave Decently No Matter What Life Throws Your Way by Sandi Toksvig. It's an etiquette book, which is kind of my guilty reading pleasure, even though non-fiction is really my least favourite genre. I own several etiquette books, from different time periods. I just find it really interesting to see what is considered the "proper" way to conduct oneself, through the ages. I especially like the wedding etiquette book (the one that started it all) I have from the 1920's.
 
So, what are YOU reading this fine Monday? Let me know in the comments below! Have you read any of these books, if so what were your thoughts (without spoilers)? What are your book-related guilty pleasures?
 
Well, that's all for now! I'll be in touch again soon.


3 comments:

  1. I hope you like Carry On! I'm thinking I may read A Wrinkle in Time as well. Especially before seeing the movie!
    Right now I'm still working on Eliza and Her Monsters, and it's so cute! And listening to The Alchemyst by Michael Scott.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok so far..

      I'm glad to hear Eliza is good! Maybe I'll get to it by the end of the summer.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you liked Daughter of a Pirate King, I've been excited to read that one for ages. Have a great reading week! <3

    ReplyDelete