Tuesday, September 26, 2017

It's Monday! What are YOU reading? #4

Yeah, yeah. I know we're Tuesday, not Monday. Things happen. I had put off posting it because I thought I might add some photos, and then I forgot... but I still wanted to post it... so I am.



I think it's just about time for another It's Monday! post, don't you? (Hosted by The Book Date) It's been a while...
 
This Monday I am still reading the same two books I have been reading for a little over a week. I guess probably because I'm reading two books, it's taking a little longer. That, and I've been trying to get a bunch of cleaning and reorganizing done, so between actually doing that and procrastinating from doing that, I haven't been reading as much as I want.
 
So, the first book I am reading is The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (book #2 in the Raven Boys series). I borrowed it from the library, through the interlibrary exchange program, so I'm trying to make sure I finish it before the deadline, as I can't renew an interlibrary loan. It's pretty good! I'm actually finding it more interesting and easier to read than the other book I'm reading...
 
Which is Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst. This one came in an OwlCrate box several months back, and at the time my best friend and I decided that when we got around to reading it, we would read it together (as we did with another OwlCrate book last year, and each wrote a review for the other's blog). It's kind of fun to be reading a book at the same time. We read at different paces, so we're not doing discussions along the way or anything, but just vague check-ins, and we will compare notes at the end! It's an ok read, so far. As I mentioned, The Dream Thieves is more interesting to me, which is kind of unfortunate. Of Fire and Stars was a book that I almost picked up on my own, so it did interest me. I wonder if I would have found it more interesting if I weren't reading something else at the same time? Guess I'll never know...
 
Anyway, so that's what I'm currently reading. I'm hoping to finish both of these this week. If I do, I think I'm going to jump right into One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake. I've been looking forward to this one for quite a few months, since I finished Three Dark Crowns.
 
Oh, and last week I finished the audiobook of The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. I didn't particularly like it. I had tried reading the physical copy a year or more ago and couldn't get into it. When I saw the audiobook at the library, I thought I would give that a try. I liked the actor who read it, and there were parts of the story I liked, but overall... well I gave it 2 stars on Goodreads...

No comments:

Post a Comment