Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Winter TBR

Hey guys! I'm hoping that by starting early I will actually get this Top Ten Tuesday posted on time, and not forget about it... This week's Top Ten Tuesday theme (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) is books that are on our winter TBR piles!

If you've visited my blog before when I've talked about TBR piles, you'll know that I don't really plan my reading. I mean, I'll pick out a bunch of books at the beginning of the month that I'd like to get to, but I most likely won't. I am very much a mood-reader, so when it comes around time to pick up the next book, that little pile for the month is often not very attractive anymore. So, all that to say that it is kind of difficult for me to do TBR posts like this, and actually read the books. But, if I were the type of person to plan my reading (and stick with it), these are the books I'd like to read this winter:

8. Winter by Marissa Meyer - I started reading this a few winters ago and simply could not get into it. It's been so long now since I've read the others that I'll probably have the same problem again, but I really would like to finally finish this series.

7. Heartless by Marissa Meyer - I am ashamed to admit that I still have not read many of the books that came in OwlCrate boxes in the past year, this being one of them. I love Alice in Wonderland, and I adored the box this book came in, so I'm really not sure why I've put this one off for so long...

6. Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore - Another OwlCrate book, this one was actually on my Goodreads TBR long before we got the box, so I am pretty excited about it!

5. The Last Star by Rick Yancey - Again, just really need to finish the series. It's been a while now since I read the others, but I feel like it will come back to me quickly enough.

4. Britt-Marie Was Here by Fredrik Backman - I read A Man Called Over earlier this year and came across this other work of his at a used book sale, so I'm looking forward to seeing if all his books have the same feeling.

3. The Little Old Lady Strikes Again by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg - (alternate title, The Little Old Lady Who Struck Lucky Again) I enjoyed the first book, The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules, which was entertaining, so I'm looking forward to seeing what antics the League of Pensioners get into in this book.

2. The Girl Who Saved the King of Sweden by Jonas Jonasson - Again, I read his other book, The 100-Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared, which was a bit different and darker than I was expecting, so I'm curious to see what this one will be like. Also, it has been sitting on my shelf for a very long time.

1. Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly - I watched the movie when it came out in theatres and simply adored it, so I am very much looking forward to reading the book to find out how many liberties they took with it (aka, how much better the book is)!


Well... I could only come up with eight... I'm sorry! Haha, I left this on the weekend and didn't come back to it, and didn't feel like wracking my brains for more! :P

2 comments:

  1. I thought Wild Beauty was fantastic. McLemore's writing is utterly gorgeous and the story was great too. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wild Beauty is also on my list! I also need to finish The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, but I'm currently at Cress, not Winter. Heartless was lovely.
    I wrote about some books that I SHOULD but still haven't read in 2017, but that I need to soon in the coming months!

    https://bookslikewolves.wixsite.com/blog/single-post/2017/12/10/Blogmas-Day-10-7-Books-I-Still-haven%E2%80%99t-Read-in-2017

    ReplyDelete