Monday, November 13, 2017

It's Monday! What Are YOU Reading? #6



Good evening Bookish Friends!

Welcome back for another It's Monday! What Are YOU Reading? post, as hosted by The Book Date! Here's what I was reading last week:

  • the audiobook of The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
  • the ebook of Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
  • Glass Houses by Louise Penny
I started and finished the first two around the same time, so it took me approximately two weeks to read both of them. The audiobook would've taken that long anyway, because I only listen to them in the car to/from work, so a total of about an hour a day. Stalking Jack the Ripper I would have normally finished faster, but I was trying to read Glass Houses at the same time, which wasn't working very well, so it was a slow beginning for me. Also, I find that I am distracted much easier from ebooks than physical. With a physical book, once I crack it open and start reading, I am pretty well absorbed in it. With the ebook, especially on my phone, I find it so much easier to do anything else except open the book, plus I would be getting notifications and messenger messages, so just very distracting for me. But handier than carrying around a physical book.
I eventually set aside Glass Houses last week, because Stalking Jack the Ripper was for a book club discussion so I wanted to be sure I finished it and the other book club book, which is Warcross by Marie Lu. So, this week I am reading Warcross. I also started the eversion of Where'd You Go, Bernadette? last night, but I most likely won't get much more into that until I have finished both Warcross and Glass Houses. I don't even know why I started it? I guess I was just flipping through my tablet (which I haven't touched in months, and which has a bunch of books in a different program that I can't access from my phone), found it and thought, "Oh that looks good!" so I read a couple chapters. *shrug*
Everyone says Warcross is a really quick read, and the discussion for it is this Saturday, so I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it by then, and then I'd like to finish Glass Houses. After that, I don't really have much of a plan for November. I had added a couple Harlequin's to my month's TBR pile initially, just because they were at the top of a pile that keeps judging me staring at me, and I just want to say I've read them so I can pass them along or whatever. They were gifted to me by a friend, so I do want to actually read them before getting rid of them, if possible. However, if I don't read them by the end of January, I might just have to let them go. The book piles around here are out of hand, and the rest of my family is getting fed up with me.

Anyway! That's what's up this Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment