Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Food



This week's theme for Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish) is books that mention yummy foods, or that take place in restaurants/bakeries, and/or have something to do with food in general.... Basically it's all about food this week! And I thought I would be horrible at this because either the books I read don't really revolve around food, or because I just don't pay enough attention! But it wasn't too difficult once I got started! So, in no particular order:

1. Sweet Misfortune by Kevin Alan Milne - the main character owns a bakery (my dream) and makes these misfortune cookies after getting her heart broken. They are fortune cookies dipped in bitter chocolate, with "misfortunes" inside, and it's just so clever!

2. Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan - admittedly I have not read this series, but I have seen at least one of the movies, and so I know they mention Ambrosia, which sounds pretty trippy and awesome to me.

3. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling - there is SO MUCH delicious (and not-so-delicious) food mentioned in the Harry Potter books! I absolutely wish I could be there enjoying it with them, every time!

4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl - um, obviously, everything mentioned in this book is delicious food. I love chocolate, so I could definitely go for a Scrumdiddlyumptious Bar. And that experimental gum that tastes like a full course meal, that turned that girl into the blueberry? Well, aside from the blueberry part, there are days when I would love that, just to get a meal without having to stop whatever I'm doing to actually prepare or eat it. You know?

5. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - poor Anne has some real mishaps with food in her early days. But one of the foods mentioned that always intrigues me (of course) is the raspberry cordial that Diana Barry gets drunk on (the greedy little glutton).

6. Chief Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny - because these books are set in my local region, they often mention Quebecois comfort foods that I have grown up loving such as Pea Soup, Baked Beans, Mechoui, and Sugar Pie. Mmm...

7. The Color of Tea by Hannah Tunnicliffe - another book about a lady who owns a cafĂ©/bakery, this time abroad... Anyway, this one features French Macarons... Yummy....

8. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - I can't think of any specifically magical foods, but there is always an air of magic to the typical circus foods mentioned, such as popcorn, cider, hot cocoa, and the chocolate mice.

9. The Christmas Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman - oh man, I love cookies! Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year because of all the cookies! This book was fun because (if I remember correctly) every chapter begins with a cookie recipe... Also, I wish I had this many friends to have a book/Christmas cookie club with...

10. Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch - so this is pretty obvious, because gelato! Yum! But there are some other pretty tasty Italian treats mentioned as well. Ugh, I so want to go to Italy!

There ya go! Now, I don't know about you, but I'm hungry! Thankfully it's almost lunch time... Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Some great books on here!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/17/top-ten-tuesday-129/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in Three Pines land? Lucky you! It sounds like such a beautiful part of the world. I don't always recognize the food the characters are eating, especially if it has a French name, but it all sounds good :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do! It's pretty fun to have a series set locally. A year or so ago, I went and visited the village where Louise Penny lived, and which was one of the inspirations for Three Pines. It was great! :)

      Delete
  3. I want to eat all the Hogwarts food. I bet that would be the best food ever.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete