Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Books of 2013

Well, I think I'm just going to admit defeat and say that I am not capable of keeping a regularly updated blog, in any form. Furthermore, it seems nearly impossible for me to take the time to review each of the books that I've read. So, for now, until I can figure out how to discipline myself in this, I will just list the books I've read in 2013, and perhaps my own rating on a 1-5 (1=love it, 5=didn't love it) scale, and edit as the rest of the year progresses. Here goes:


  1. The House of Silk - Anthony Horowitz (1.5)
  2. Specials - Scott Westerfeld (1)
  3. Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore - Robin Sloan (1)
  4. The Beautiful Mystery - Louise Penny (2)
  5. Great Expectations - Charles Dickens (3)
  6. Scarlet - Marissa Meyer (1.5)
  7. The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern (1)
  8. Kisses From Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption - Katie Davis (2)
  9. Butter Cream - Denise Roig (1)
  10. Snap Happy - Fiona Walker (2.5)
  11. Fat Chance - Julie Hadden
  12. Deja Dead - Kathy Reichs (3)
  13. Silver Linings Playbook - Matthew Quick (3)
  14. The Painted Girls - Cathy Marie Buchanan (1.5)
  15. The Imposter Bride - Nancy Richler (4)
  16. Eve & Adam - Michael Grant & Katherine Applegate (1)
  17. Extras - Scott Westerfeld (2)
  18. Pink Slip Party - Cara Lockwood
  19. The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel Joyce (2.5)
  20. Confessions of a Pregnant Princess - Swan Adamson (3)
  21. Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell (1.5)
  22. Sheer Dynamite - Jennifer Skully (2)
  23. Arranged - Catherine McKenzie (1)
  24. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - Aimee Bender (1.5)
  25. The Summer of Us - Holly Chamberlin
  26. Spin - Catherine McKenzie (3)
  27. Hidden - Catherine McKenzie (3)
  28. Arcadia - Lauren Groff (2)
I also read 2 books in digital format: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

No comments:

Post a Comment