Friday, December 1, 2017

Progress Report: October - November 2017

*Phew*
 
Let me tell you, I thought that the summer went fast, but the last two months were like a flash! Ok, so maybe October dragged a bit for me due to personal reasons, but November... Where did it go?!
 
Alright, so I just thought I should do another brief overview of my reading for tthe last two months. In October I read the following 5 books and 1 audiobook:
 
My fave October read
 
 
One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake *****
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater *****
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman ****
The Cuckoo's Calling (audio) by Robert Galbraith *****
A Good Day to Buy by Sherry Harris ****
The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater ****
 





And in November I read the following 4 books and 1 audiobook:
 
Even though I rated a
couple others higher,
this was my fave
November read!



The Silkworm (audio) by Robert Galbraith *****
Stalking Jack the Ripper (ebook) by Kerri Maniscalco ****
Warcross by Marie Lu ****
Glass Houses by Louise Penny *****
Miracle on 5th Avenue by Sarah Morgan ***
 







I had reached my Goodreads goal of 52 in September, and decided not to increase it, just to see how many books I would read without feeling the pressure of a deadline. As of today, I have read 67 books in 2017! I was sort of unofficially aiming for 75, but that might be a bit of a stretch at this point. I'm not sure exactly how much reading time I'll be putting in between now and Christmas, what with work and Christmas parties, and gifts to finish crafting/buying... But we'll see! Maybe I will surprise myself! ;)

Just to finish the update, I am currently reading Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore. It is mystical and magical and intriguing, but I'm not feeling a real connection to the story or characters yet. I don't think I like the way it is written, but I'm going to stick it out and see if my opinion changes. Last week I picked up, but haven't dug too deep yet into, Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown. And last night (technically December 1st, but we are the first, so... I'll mention it...) I started Dear Santa: Children's Christmas Letters and Wish Lists, 1870-1920. It should be a very sweet Christmas-y read to kick off the season.

I'll be back at the end of the month for a complete 2017 Year in Review post!

No comments:

Post a Comment