Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Reads

Hey guys! I thought I would make a complete list of the books I've read in 2017, with links to any reviews I've written. Just, you know, in case you were interested or whatever... You probably aren't, but let's be honest, this isn't about you. ;)

I believe I had originally set my Goodreads Reading Challenge goal this year to 30, because that's how many books I read last year. I quickly reached that goal, so I pushed it up to 52. I had reached that by the end of... October, I think? At that point I decided not to set a higher goal, but just see how many books I would end up reading by the end of the year. As things progressed I unofficially gave myself a goal of 75, and I have managed to achieve that!

Reading went really well for me this year! I didn't go through many reading slumps, and I consistently read a minimum of 4 novels per month, at my normal pace - no stressing or pushing to read faster. At the end, I'll admit I read a few shorter books in order to complete a couple challenges and reach my "unofficial goal," but they're still books, and I did read them! ;) There are probably a few areas of my life that I didn't pay as much attention to in order to read more (other hobbies, mostly), but aside from my penpals, I don't think my reading twice as much this year has had much affect on anybody else. I will admit that my penpals may have suffered a bit of neglect this year... :/

According to my Goodreads Year in Books, the most popular book I read was All the Light We Cannot See, and the longest book I read was Wildwood. As you can see from the list below, I was doing alright with reviewing for a while, but I quickly got sidetracked (by reading more books!). I think one of my goals for 2018 will be to set aside time every 3-4 weeks to review any books I've finished in that time period. Or to try to review as soon as I've finished (that would be ideal). Actually, ideally, I should take notes as I'm reading, but that would just require too much organization and commitment on my part! ;) 


  1. Flawed by Cecelia Ahern (****) - review here
  2. The Magician's Lie by Greer Macallister (***) - review here
  3. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (****) - review here
  4. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (*****) - review here
  5. Da Vinci's Tiger by L.M. Elliott (**) - review here
  6. The Woman Next Door by Barbara Delinsky - audio (***)
  7. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (*****) - review here
  8. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth (****) - review here
  9. The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George (**) - review here
  10. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (*****) - review here
  11. P. S. I Like You by Kasie West (***) - review here
  12. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - audio (***)
  13. The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry (****) - review here
  14. Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill (*****) - review here
  15. Caraval by Stephanie Garber (*****) - review here
  16. Seven Deadlies: A Cautionary Tale by Gigi Levangie (***) - review here
  17. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (audio / reread) (*****)
  18. A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley (*****)
  19. Grounded by Kate Klise (****)
  20. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (****) - review here
  21. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (*****) - review here
  22. Servants' Hall: A Real Life Upstairs, Downstairs Romance by Margaret Powell (***)
  23. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (*****) - review here
  24. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer - audio (*****)
  25. Wildwood by Colin Meloy (*****) - review here
  26. Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell (***)
  27. Look Into My Eyes by Lauren Child (****)
  28. The Girl With the Silver Eyes by Willo Davis Roberts (****)
  29. Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch (*****) - review here
  30. Sweet Misfortune by Kevin Alan Milne (****)
  31. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli (****) - review here
  32. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (*****)
  33. Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill (***)
  34. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (*****) - review here
  35. Wonder by R.J. Palacia (*****) - review here
  36. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (*****)
  37. The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands (*****)
  38. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (****) - review here
  39. A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (*****) - review here
  40. Future Perfect by Jen Larsen (****)
  41. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (****)
  42. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (*****)
  43. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller (*****) - review here
  44. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle (***)
  45. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (****)
  46. All There Is: Love Stories from StoryCorps by Dave Isay (****)
  47. New World: Rising by Jennifer Wilson (****)
  48. Peter Pan by E.M. Barrie (****) - review here
  49. Everland by Wendy Spinale (****)
  50. Book Scavenger by Jennifer Chambliss Bertman (*****)
  51. What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum (*****)
  52. 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl by Mona Awad (**)
  53. The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee (*****)
  54. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling - audio (**)
  55. The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater (*****)
  56. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst (***) - review here
  57. One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake (*****)
  58. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater (*****)
  59. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman (****) - review here
  60. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith - audio (*****)
  61. A Good Day to Buy by Sherry Harris (****)
  62. The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith - audio (*****)
  63. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (****)
  64. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco (****)- review here
  65. Warcross by Marie Lu (****)
  66. Glass Houses by Louise Penny (*****) - review here
  67. Miracle on 5th Avenue by Sarah Morgan (***)
  68. Dear Santa: Children's Christmas Letters and Wish Lists, 1870-1920 (*****)
  69. Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore (***) - review here
  70. Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows (****)
  71. A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro (*****)
  72. The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate (****)
  73. The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling (****)
  74. Matchless by Gregory Maguire (***)
  75. For One More Day by Mitch Albom (****)
And that's it for 2017! I think this is the most books I have ever read in a year, and I'm pretty stoked about that. If it isn't, it certainly has been years since I've been able to achieve that.

So, I've just set my Goodreads Reading Challenge goal for 2018 to 80. Five more than 2017, which I think should be achievable. Providing that the new year goes as smoothly as this past year, with no real obstacles... We'll see! I will definitely try to continue reviewing the books I've read this year (or at least the ones I really liked), and will try to be more on top of the blogging/reviewing situation in 2018.

Happy New Year everyone, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment