Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That I Think Should Be Required Reading



Hi guys! It's been ages. I feel like I haven't hung out with you all for a while... Probably because I haven't! Hah!

So, anyway, in case you didn't know, Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is a Back-to-School freebie, so I chose Top Six Books I Think Should be Required Reading (I'm sorry, I could only come up with six!)...

1. Wonder by R.J. Palacio - a book about bullying, about accepting people who are different, about overcoming difficulties and fears... This should be required reading in every middle school!

2. Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie - everyone should read classics, especially children's stories, at some point in their lives. You might think you know Peter Pan, but the many movie adaptations aren't exactly like the book!

3. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - This should just be required reading for all Canadians. Can anyone tell me why it isn't?? Not that it's an amazing book, but it's a good story about a little Canadian girl, written by a Canadian.

4. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - just because. Because I think everyone should read it, so why not start with school children? :)

5. Anything written by Jules Verne - because classics! I'm sure some of his stories probably were required reading once upon a time, but they should still be!

6. The Giver by Lois Lowry - I know that I read this one in school, but I don't know if everyone does, and it should absolutely be required of everyone, in my opinion. It's an older book now, for dystopian, but still relevant, in my opinion. Definitely one of my favourite mandatory reads ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment