Monday, January 3, 2011

New Blog: January 2011

So here we are, in 2011! As part of my New Year's Resolutions, I've decided to start a blog documenting the books I read over the course of the year. Last year, I read at least 36 books (that I had written down), and I have at least 36 more on my list for this year.

So, one of my "resolutions," if you can call it that, is to read all of the books on the list (as well as any others that might cross my path) in the next 362 days. However, that's not where the resolution ends. I can fly through books, no problem. The issue comes when trying to remember what a certain book was about. So, the other part of the resolution is to write a blog post reviewing each book after I've read it. Which will also hopefully help me to keep track of all the books I've read! I plan on checking them off the list as well, so between the blog and the list, I should be able to keep track of everything. :)

My plan, I think, is to write the blog post as I'm reading the book, so the finished post will have covered days, weeks, maybe even months, if I'm not that into it. At present, I'm reading 2 books: Fly Away Home, a novel by Jennifer Weiner, and Hot Apple Cider, a conglomeration* of 44 short stories by 30 Canadian authors. I will create 2 separate blog posts for these books.

Comments are welcomed. Please note that I have a tendency to spoil, so if I mention a book that you haven't read or finished yet, please don't read the review, because I'll probably give away the ending! Sorry. Unless you don't care, then read away!


*Conglomerate: to gather into a mass or coherent whole. - www.merriam-webster.com

No comments:

Post a Comment