- Tuck Everlasting - I adored this movie, it was my #1 for a very long time, and I haven't watched it in years, but I still consider it top ten. I know the moral is supposed to be that immortality is not what it's cracked up to be, and that Winnie made the right choice, but it always just made me sad and annoyed with her, because I'm pretty sure I would have made the "wrong" choice.
- Sherlock Holmes - I adore Sherlock Holmes. The BBC show Sherlock? Definitely top 5. But the Sherlock movies featuring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law are definitely some of my favourites. The mystery, the music, the acting, the costumes... Beautiful.
- Stranger Than Fiction - This is one of my favourites because of the whole concept it presents of literary characters being real and subject to the author's whims. Plus there's a super cute love story.
- Because I Said So - I'm not sure what exactly it is about this movie that I love most... but it's got a great cast of actors, there's polka dots in every scene, one of the main characters is a baker so there are beautiful cakes everywhere, there's a love triangle... So many points to love!
- Zootopia - I love animated movies so much, so I knew I had to list one, but which to choose? The two most recent ones I saw and loved were Zootopia & The Secret Life of Pets, so it was a toss-up between the two. But I just watched Zootopia again a couple weeks ago, so it won. Flash the sloth is my favourite - hilarious!
- Alice in Wonderland - the Tim Burton ones, featuring Johnny Depp. Tim Burton is the perfect director for a movie such as Alice in Wonderland, because everything he does is weird and a little bit creepy, and that is exactly what Wonderland needs. The Cheshire Cat and Mad Hatter are my favourite characters.
- Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets - I've been watching the movies as I finish the books, but the last 2 I've watched have been awful representations of the books and have been a real disappointment to me. The first movie remains a favourite, and I've re-watched it several times (in fact, I think I'm about due to watch it again....)
- In Time - I adore stories about time (time travel, immortality, reincarnation, etc) so this is right up my alley. And the whole concept of time being currency is crazy and insane and I love it.
- Inception - Dreams have always been a source of intrigue for me. I have some pretty weird ones sometimes, or I did as a teenager anyway. The idea of being able to influence your dreams, to bring other people in with you, to go deeper into the recesses of a mind through dreams... very intriguing stuff.
- Life As We Know It - I'm a sucker for a good rom-com. I love everything about this story (except of course for the deaths that set the whole thing in motion), and found that the main actors had a good chemistry. Super cute feel-good movie that always makes me happy.
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Top Ten Tuesday: Movie Freebie
This week's Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, see the list of future post subjects here) is a movie freebie. I wanted to do my favourite book-to-movie adaptations, but I couldn't think enough to remember which movies were books first, and which books I'd actually read... So instead I'll be listing my top ten favourite movies of all time, that I could think of while I was writing this list (I love so many movies, it's really hard to pick favourites). And so, in no particular order, I give you my Top Ten Tuesday Favourite Movies: