Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vocabulary: Weeks 7 & 8

I wasn't able to get around to posting a new word last week because I was a bit frazzled over getting into a new routine at my new job(!!!).

So, for the week of February 13:

"Inherent: involved in the constitution or essential character of something: belonging by nature or habit: intense."
And for the week of February 20:

"Ubiquitous: existing or being everywhere at the same time: constantly encountered: widespread."
Inherent is a word I've heard, and possibly even used, without really knowing the definition, and in fact, what I thought it meant was a little bit off. As for ubiquitous, I've read it many times before and it seems to be a popular word to look up on Merriam-Webster online, but again, I didn't really know what it meant.


Here's to learning new words and doing new things and having new jobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment